25 April 2010

OBAMA WALKS OUT ON PRIME MINISTER NETANYAHU



I know this is old news by now, but I have not had the chance to write about this until now. For many of you, this will still be "fresh" news since the mainstream media has said very little about it. Most of you probably don't know that President Obama walked out on Prime Minister Netanyahu. This happened on March 23, 2010 when the Israeli delegation, which included Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu, met with President Obama about proposed housing settlements in East Jerusalem.

The meetings failed to gain a concession from Israel regarding settlements and withdrawal of Israeli forces. So, President Obama walked out on the delegation telling them, "Let me know if anything changes." This, being translated, is, "Let me know if you see it my way", or more succinctly, "My way or the highway." The president then went to dinner and left the Israelis sitting.

This is a major disrespect of a foreign leader that I have not seen in my lifetime, especially of an allied nation. Such behavior on the part of an American president toward an ally is, to put it very mildly, a disgrace to everything this nation has ever stood for, especially when the president has said many times that he will talk to the terrorist leaders such as Iranian President Man-I-Need-A-Job with no preconditions, smiles for the cameras with Chinese President Jintao, and bows to the king of a terrorist nation. That's effective foreign diplomacy if I ever saw it. Treat those who are our friends like trash and those whose only objective is to destroy the United States like his big buddy and pal.

(Click HERE for the U.K. Times article, click HERE for another account, and for a leftist watered-down version that totally omits Obama's disrespectful departure from the meeting, click HERE.)

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs' statement about the highly unusual lack of press coverage and photos of Obama and Netanyahu is still yet another indicator of just how arrogant this administration is. In an apparent response to the press having been excluded, Gibbs said, "I think it comes as a great shock to you and me, but not everything the president does is for the cameras and for the press." No, just those things that cozy up to enemy nations, that's all. Transparency at its finest.

To my knowledge, Prime Minister Netanyahu is the only foreign dignitary to have been treated so shabbily by the president. Wonder what would happen if Obama walked out on President Man-I-Need-A-Job with those oh-so-warm parting words, "Let me know if anything changes."



3 comments:

Heli gunner Tom said...

Truth be told-- this is what God has planned for; America will cut off ties and support to Israel and God must teach Israel that only He will protect her when her enemies make war against her!
God may be 'using' obama.. look at Ezekiel and the 'Gog of Magog' picture where God says that He will put iron hooks into Gog and lead him to destruction.

Tom

Lisa said...

I have always liked Netanyahu, I think he is a class act.
Lisa

Cliff Harrison said...

The little nation of Israel is no bigger than the state of New Jersey; you'd think the Arabs would come to conclusion that that little bit of land isn't worth all of the grief. They could let Israel live in peace.

Obama is a real slow learner, and that's the only thing I've noticed positive about him.

There will come a day when it will rain, or should I spell that reign?
Cliff